Ametrine is composed of silicon dioxide (SiO2) and it is a tectosilicate, which means has is a silicate framework linked together through shared oxygen atoms. Ametrine, also known as trystine or by its trade name as bolivianite, is a naturally occurring variety of quartz. It is a mixture of amethyst and citrine with zones of purple and yellow or orange. Almost all commercially available ametrine is mined in Bolivia. The color of the zones visible within ametrine are due to differing oxidation states of iron within the crystal. The citrine segments have oxidized iron while the amethyst segments are unoxidized. The different oxidation states occur due to there being a temperature gradient across the crystal during its formation. Artificial ametrine is created from natural citrine through beta irradiation (which creates an amethyst portion), or from an amethyst that is turned into citrine through differential heat treatment. Ametrine in the low price segment may stem from synthetic material. Green-yellow or golden-blue ametrine does not exist naturally. This gem only exists in Bolivia, it comes from the Ricón del Tigre area, from the Anahí mine. [en.wikipedia.org]
- It helps release negativity from within one's aura with it's vigorous healing power.
- Helps with weight loss and overcoming physical and mental addictions.
- Enhances mental and spiritual clarity.
- Strengthens the possessors ability to unite masculine and feminine energies.
- Aids the holder in staying focused while also invoking the inspiration from the higher crown chakra.
- It's energy helps ease anxiety, depression, and stress.
- Provides the owner with boosted creativity.
- Alleviates tooth pain.
- Helps reach higher states more quickly in meditation.
- Heals the Solar Plexus Chakras and the 3rd Eye.
- It is known for being a 'money stone' thus beneficial in banking matters.
- Raises consciousness at the Astral Plane.
- It is said to aid in the repair of DNA and RNA.
- Releases negativity from within one's aura.
- It is a stone that embodies the Wind and Fire elements therefore providing stimulating and action oriented energies.
Historical Figures Who Used Ametrine
- Spanish Queen, 1600's.
- Dr. Bolitsky (Russian who developed synthetic Ametrine).
- Queen Sofia of Spain.
- Empress Michiko of Japan.
- Don Felipe de Urriola y Goitia.
- Actress Salma Hayek.