Rutilated quartz is a variety of quartz which contains acicular (needle-like) inclusions of rutile. It is used for gemstones. These inclusions mostly look golden, but they also can look silver, copper red or deep black. They can be distributed randomly or in bundles, which sometimes are arranged star-like, and they can be sparse or dense enough to make the quartz body nearly opaque. While otherwise inclusions often reduce the value of a crystal, rutilated quartz in fact is valued for the quality and beauty of these inclusions.
Quartz is a hard, crystalline mineral composed of silicon and oxygen atoms. The atoms are linked in a continuous framework of SiO4 silicon–oxygen tetrahedra, with each oxygen being shared between two tetrahedra, giving an overall chemical formula of SiO2. Quartz is the second most abundant mineral in Earth's continental crust, behind feldspar.
Quartz exists in two forms, the normal α-quartz and the high-temperature β-quartz, both of which are chiral. The transformation from α-quartz to β-quartz takes place abruptly at 573 °C (846 K; 1,063 °F). Since the transformation is accompanied by a significant change in volume, it can easily induce fracturing of ceramics or rocks passing through this temperature threshold.
Quartz belongs to the trigonal crystal system. The ideal crystal shape is a six-sided prism terminating with six-sided pyramids at each end. In nature quartz crystals are often twinned (with twin right-handed and left-handed quartz crystals), distorted, or so intergrown with adjacent crystals of quartz or other minerals as to only show part of this shape, or to lack obvious crystal faces altogether and appear massive. Well-formed crystals typically form in a 'bed' that has unconstrained growth into a void; usually the crystals are attached at the other end to a matrix and only one termination pyramid is present. However, doubly terminated crystals do occur where they develop freely without attachment, for instance within gypsum. A quartz geode is such a situation where the void is approximately spherical in shape, lined with a bed of crystals pointing inward.
α-quartz crystallizes in the trigonal crystal system, space group P3121 or P3221 depending on the chirality. β-quartz belongs to the hexagonal system, space group P6222 and P6422, respectively. These space groups are truly chiral (they each belong to the 11 enantiomorphous pairs). Both α-quartz and β-quartz are examples of chiral crystal structures composed of achiral building blocks (SiO4 tetrahedra in the present case). The transformation between α- and β-quartz only involves a comparatively minor rotation of the tetrahedra with respect to one another, without change in the way they are linked.
- Quartz crystal is prized for it's piezoelectric ability to transform heat and mechanical compression into electromagnetic energy; it can also transform it the other way around, this is why it is used in technological devices all around the world.
- This stone helps one better relate to others for it brings out humility and humbleness.
- Self awareness and confidence are positive side effects of Rutilated Quartz with Angel Hair Copper.
- The possessor of this crystal will find themselves using their strengths more efficiently.
- This crystal gives one a better understanding of difficult events and situations in life.
- This energizing crystal assists one with manifestation practices and reprogramming.
- It provides the holder with an uplifting and invigorating experience.
- This balancing crystal provides the possessor with a heightened sense of clarity.
- It is good for maintaining a healthy mental state and for one's self esteem.
- This crystal is an amplifying tool that will uplift one's attitude and provide a more positive frame of mind.
- It is known as Venus' Hair Stone and as Cupid's Darts.
- This stone is useful in expanding one's understanding and usage of the Throat Chakra.
- It is a protective stone that is believed to disperse negative energies and thoughts.
- This crystal has been known to ease and diminish depression and loneliness.
- It helps one with the absorption of essential vitamins and nutrients.
- This stone is known as a 'healer' and it has been said that it aids in slowing down the aging process.
- This healing crystal is good with repairing nerve damage and with assisting clearing blockages throughout the body.
- It has been reported that this stone helps one with a better sleeping pattern.
- This crystal is known to bring balance and harmony to one's glands; it is especially effective for the thyroid.
- Rutilated quartz has been used for an array of metaphysical work throughout the ages.
- This crystal is perfect for spiritual growth on all levels.
- It's electromagnetic power has been revered by energy workers and others for centuries.
- It strengthens the immune system and bolsters the efficiency of the lungs and heart.
- Enhances psychic power and abilities.
- Helps one connect with their Higher Self and the Angelic Realm.
Historical Figures Who Used Angel Hair Copper Rutilated Quartz
- Sir Issac Newton.
- Marquis of Waterford.
- Kundalini, Hindu Goddess of Life Force.
- Gaia, Greek Goddess of Mother Earth.
- Ixcuiname, Mayan Goddess of the Four Ages of Women.