Angelite (Blue Anhydrite)
Anhydrite (Angelite), or anhydrous calcium sulfate, is a mineral with the chemical formula CaSO4. It is in the orthorhombic crystal system, with three directions of perfect cleavage parallel to the three planes of symmetry. It is not isomorphous with the orthorhombic barium (baryte) and strontium (celestine) sulfates, as might be expected from the chemical formulas. Distinctly developed crystals are somewhat rare, the mineral usually presenting the form of cleavage masses. The Mohs hardness is 3.5, and the specific gravity is 2.9. The color is white, sometimes greyish, bluish, or purple. On the best developed of the three cleavages, the lustre is pearly; on other surfaces it is glassy. When exposed to water, anhydrite readily transforms to the more commonly occurring gypsum, (CaSO4·2H2O) by the absorption of water. This transformation is reversible, with gypsum or calcium sulfate hemihydrate forming anhydrite by heating to around 200 °C (400 °F) under normal atmospheric conditions. Anhydrite is commonly associated with calcite, halite, and sulfides such as galena, chalcopyrite, molybdenite, and pyrite in vein deposits.[en.wikipedia.org]
- Encourages one to communicate more and speak the truth.
- Symbolizes peace and brotherhood.
- This soothing stone is linked to the mystical where psychic abilities are realized.
- Elevates compassion and emboldens an attitude of forgiveness.
- It transforms negative emotions into faith, serenity, and tranquility.
- Assists in being grounded in the present.
- Helps one achieve a better connection with the head and the heart.
- Strengthens the holder's intention to send light and love to the world.
- Aids and speeds the healing of pain and is beneficial in states of sickness.
- Regulates one's appetite and digestive functions.
- Raises consciousness to an elevated awareness.
- Dissipates anger, anxiety, and fear.
- Connects one to their guardian angel/spiritual guide.
- Augments telepathic communication and has been known to aid in spiritual journeying.
- Works with the Higher Self to heal the possessor's physical and ethereal bodies.
Historical Figures Who Used Angelite
- A.G. Werner (named it Anhydrite)
- Ophelia Gordon Bell