Carnelian (also spelled cornelian) is a brownish-red mineral commonly used as a semi-precious gemstone. Similar to carnelian is sard, which is generally harder and darker (the difference is not rigidly defined, and the two names are often used interchangeably). Both carnelian and sard are varieties of the silica mineral chalcedony colored by impurities of iron oxide. The color can vary greatly, ranging from pale orange to an intense almost-black coloration. It is most commonly found in Indonesia, Brazil, India, Russia (Siberia), and Germany.[en.wikipedia.org]
- Carnelian provides its possessor with an enhanced level of courage and motivation.
- This stone strengthens one's level of concentration and leadership capabilities.
- It is a stimulating crystal that brings physical power, endurance, and inspiration to the forefront.
- Carnelian provides calmness and understanding that allows one to learn lessons of past experiences to the fullest.
- This empowering crystal evokes love, passion, and desire.
- It is a great stone for bringing clarification to thoughts and the mind and it encourages drive and ambition.
- This protective crystal instills a heightened level of confidence to its possessor.
- Carnelian is known to assist in bringing one closer to inner peace and strengthening mental fortitude.
- ambition, individuality
- Carnelian is a wonderful stone for connecting with and understanding the inner self
- This vibrant stone is great for manifesting thoughts into action in meditation; it activates the Sacral Chakra and transfers it's energy outward. It is also effective for clearing blockages in the Root (Base) Chakra.
- Carnelian is believed to eliminate hesitation and indecisiveness in speech and communication.
- It is a grounding stone that is said to provide guidance to those who feel like they're in a rut or lost.
- This crystal is great for cleaning and clearing out blockages and negative energies and replacing them with positive forces and powers.
- It is said to attract prosperity and good fortunes.
- This stone is believed to strengthen and increase the efficiency of one's metabolism.
- It has been proven to help with overcoming depression and breaking bad routines and addictions.
- Carnelian is said to protect against evil wishes, resentment, and envy.
- It is said to provide its possessor with healthier skin and a more efficient cell and tissue regeneration system.
- This stone's healing properties are believed to purify the blood system and fortify the circulatory system.
- It has been proven to be an extremely effective stone for many forms of healing arts, especially Reiki.
Historical Figures Who Used Carnelian
- King Tutankhamen.
- Archbishop of Mainz.
- John the Apostle.
- High Priest (on the breastplate).
- St. Bartholomew.
- Isis, Egyptian Goddess of Life.
- Ishtar-Gula, Mesopotamian Star Goddess.
- John Schroder (author).