Malachite is a copper carbonate hydroxide mineral, with the formula Cu2CO3 (OH)2. This opaque, green-banded mineral crystallizes in the monoclinic crystal system, and most often forms botryoidal, fibrous, or stalagmitic masses, in fractures and deep, underground spaces, where the water table and hydrothermal fluids provide the means for chemical precipitation. Individual crystals are rare, but occur as slender to acicular prisms. Pseudomorphs after more tabular or blocky azurite crystals also occur.
Malachite often results from the weathering of copper ores, and is often found with azurite (Cu3(CO3)2(OH)2), goethite, and calcite. Except for its vibrant green color, the properties of malachite are similar to those of azurite and aggregates of the two minerals occur frequently. Malachite is more common than azurite and is typically associated with copper deposits around limestones, the source of the carbonate.
- This protective crystal provides one with a heightened sense of love and overall emotional health.
- This Earth stone promotes loyalty, expansion, strength, and nurture.
- It is helpful in conquering fear; once one realizes the true potential of it's transformative properties, an improved overall self can be achieved.
- This stone enhances creativity and intuition, opens up the imagination
- It aids in the mitigation of anxiety and depression while building confidence and clearer thinking.
- Copper bronze malachite is useful for obtaining a better night's sleep and in lessening nightmares.
- A boost in one's imagination and insight can be achieved with the vibration and energy of this stone.
- This crystal boosts immune health and provides an expanded awareness.
- It has been used for electromagnetic defense and clearing out radiation in it's vicinity.
- Copper malachite has been known to assist in treating epilepsy, malaria, asthma, and body tremors.
- This spiritually inviting stone heals one both physically and emotionally through cleansing the aura.
- If used properly, it can be particularly helpful in any form of traveling as it creates a protective energy.
- This crystal is devoted to the Heart Chakra and utilizes it's balancing abilities to give one a better emotional state in relationships.
- It has been reported to relieve rheumatic pain and help fight osteoporosis, especially in the spinal column.
- It is a grounding stone, particularly for evoking higher energies down to Earth for overall betterment.
- In meditation, it is exceptionally useful in developing a better relationship with earthly energies and Mother Earth.
- This cleansing crystal was used in the Middle Ages to protect people from evil spirits and to safeguard children from witches and other malcontents.
Historical Figures Who Used Copper Bronze Malachite
- Ancient Egyptian Pharaohs.
- Isis, Egyptian Goddess of Life.
- Hathor, Egyptian Goddess of Fertility.
- Persephone, Greek Goddess of Spring.
- The Archangel Raphael.
- Marbodius of Rennes.
- J.G. Wallerius (named malachite in 1747).