Spectrolite is an uncommon variety of labradorite feldspar. Labradorite ((Ca, Na)(Al, Si)4O8), a feldspar mineral, is an intermediate to calcic member of the plagioclase series. It has an anorthite percentage (%An) of between 50 and 70. The specific gravity ranges from 2.68 to 2.72. The streak is white, like most silicates. The refractive index ranges from 1.559 to 1.573 and twinning is common. As with all plagioclase members, the crystal system is triclinic, and three directions of cleavage are present, two of which are nearly at right angles and are more obvious, being of good to perfect quality. (The third direction is poor.) It occurs as clear, white to gray, blocky to lath shaped grains in common mafic igneous rocks such as basalt and gabbro, as well as in anorthosites.
Spectrolite exhibits a richer range of colors than other labradorites as for instance in Canada or Madagascar (which show mostly tones of blue-grey-green) and high labradorescence. The term is sometimes incorrectly used to describe labradorite whenever a richer display of colors is present, regardless of locality. Due to the unique colors mined in Finland, spectrolite has become a brand name for material mined only there. Sometimes spectrolite is incorrectly used to describe labradorite whenever a richer display of colors is present, regardless of locality: for example, labradorite with the spectrolite play of colors has sometimes described material from Madagascar. [en.wikipedia.org]
- Spectrolite is a fantastic crystal for protecting its possessor from misfortunes and accidents.
- This energetic crystal is a good companion for achieving personal and spiritual growth.
- This stone is known to filter out negative energy around the vicinity of the holder.
- An elevated level of intuition and perseverance will be rewarded to the possessor of this crystal.
- It brings patience, action, and better timing to it's possessor.
- This crystal promotes peace and thus helps eliminate stressful thoughts and energies.
- Spectrolite will help one with the creation of new and intuitive ideas for it better connects the mind to the subconscious.
- It helps in keeping negative emotions and feelings at a minimum.
- This stone helps bring the possessor's strengths to the forefront and it helps one better relate to others.
- It has been established among many that this crystal supports optimal sleeping patterns and peaceful sleep.
- Spectrolite is a calming crystal that promotes clarity and positivity.
- This crystal will help one feel more in control and will bring originality to a conscious level.
- It will help one become more respectful, more trusting, and more faithful.
- This soothing crystal instills happiness, comfort, and gratification to its keeper.
- Spectrolite contains all the colors of the rainbow and thus is all encompassing in receiving higher awareness from the ethereal dimension.
- It is one of the most powerful amulets for all types of protection, especially magical protection.
- This stone is a wonderful meditation crystal that has been acknowledged to give one access to the Akashic Records.
- It has been recognized as a crystal that assists with making the inevitable changes in life easier to deal with and understand.
- It is a remarkable stone for use as an energy barrier for it is a powerful Barrier Filter crystal.
- Spectrolite is a perfect stone to have to achieve the deepest understanding of the phrase: "There Are No Coincidences".
- This crystal identifies with the Throat Chakra, the Heart Chakra, and the Third Eye Chakra.
- It brings the energy of water to fruition which will provide flowing energy that will keep one balanced.
- This "Magic Stone" is believed to aid in the achievement of telepathic communication and help in the prognostication of future events.
- It is an awakening crystal that is known as a great aid for clairvoyance and prognostication.
- This stone is a great talisman for divination purposes as it will strengthen and focus one's declarations.
- It has been known to help with respiratory problems and with the overall health of the lungs.
Historical Figures Who Used Spectrolite
- Walter Mikkola (named the stone).
- Aarne Laitakari (Finnish Geologist).
- Pekka Laitakari.
- Esko Hämäläinen.
- Robert Strutt, 4th Baron of Rayleigh.
- Ove Balthasar Bøgglid.
- Arianrhod, Welsh Goddess of the Stars.